Sleeplessness or insomnia may have a medical or psychiatric cause. Please contact your medical or psychiatric provider.
The Bach Flower Remedies may be very helpful for sleeplessness or insomnia if you have difficulty sleeping. Choose the remedy that most matches your current mental/emotional attitude.
Rescue Sleep is a combination of Rescue Remedy and White Chestnut. It is available in a convenient spray form. The indication for Rescue Remedy is emergency or crisis. White Chestnut is for circular thoughts or mental arguments. If you are feeling stressed and the thoughts are going round and round, this combination (Rescue Remedy plus White Chestnut) may be helpful.
OTHER POSSIBLE OPTIONS (partial list)
- Aspen - feeling fearful and you don't know why
- Mimulus - feeling fearfu and you do know why, ie worry about bills, school, work
- Red Chestnut - fear for the safety of your loved ones.
- Vervain - overexcitement
- Holly - suspicion, hypervigilance
- Sweet Chestnut - mental anguish
- Pine - guilt
- Star of Bethlehem - grief
- White Chestnut with Heather - circular thoughts and worry all about you.
"I took the combination of White Chestnut and Heather, and my mind just shut up." HH
For more information please consult the 38 Flower Remedies page.
Tips for a Better Sleep:
- Establish a regular sleep pattern. Go to bed at the same time every night and get up at the same time every morning.
- Decrease your use of caffeine. Keep all caffeine use to before noon. If you still have problems, stop all caffeine. For some, only one cup of coffee in the morning can affect sleep at night.
- Eliminate alcohol. Alcohol is initially sedating, yet it can interfer with a restful sleep.
- Complete your dinner meal at least 3 hours before bed
- Do not watch scary movies or the news before bed
- Sleep in a dark room
Need help choosing remedies?